It’s hard to know what to do to keep acne prone skin looking clean, fresh and free of breakouts. Although it may feel like it, it’s not a lost cause. Just follow these top 5 beauty tips for acne free skin.
1) Clean your make-up brushes – Brushes should be washed once to twice a month with a gentle facial cleanser and sponges should be replaced.
2) Sanitize your phone – Smartphones are handled so frequently that they can become more contaminated than toilets! The germs and dirt are then transferred to your face every time you make a call. To limit breakouts, wipe down your phone with an antibacterial wipe once a day.
3) Cleanse – Always remove make-up before bed and wash face in the morning and at night with a gentle cleanser.
4) Exfoliate – Exfoliate once a week to remove built up dirt and grime and to shrink pores.
5) Moisturize – Many moisturizers contain ingredients that dry the skin, so look for one that minimizes dryness and peeling.Noncomedogenic moisturizers are best as they won’t cause breakouts.
Note – Natural ingredients are a great way to treat pimples as they don’t contain dyes or parabens and they are usually cost-effective however, two Natural ingredients not to use for acne are rubbing alcohol and coconut oil.
Rubbing alcohol will eliminate oil and shine however, it is too drying for your face and will cause inflammation and redness. Coconut oil is hydrating and anti-bacterial but it is likely to clog pores due to its ultra-greasy nature. Stay clear of both of these natural remedies for clearer skin and incorporate these top 5 tips for acne prone skin.